2023 Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMD) and Myofunctional Therapy(WEBINAR): April 27-28, 2023
When the tongue is not acting properly during speech, swallow, or at rest…it can cause all sorts of problems from newborns to adults. From issues with OSA, TMD, pain, restorative/ortho relapses, speech, sucking, posture, and swallowing…to name a few, the tongue plays a huge role. The muscles of the face, mouth, and throat must be in balance to work together in harmony.
This course is designed to enhance your Physiologic Based Practice by uncovering the secrets of the most powerful muscle we work with…THE TONGUE!
Instructed By: Dr. Heidi Dickerson & Ms. Jill Taylor
|Tuition: $1995 – Doctor||Prerequisites: None|
|Team Tuition: $995||CE Credits: 15|
|AGD Codes: 180||Length of Course: 2 days|
|Campus LVI Main Campus|
- Identify, diagnose and treat the most common OMD’s in your practice
- Utilize knowledge of how faces develop to create beautiful faces
- Stop patients from practicing Oral Habits
- Classify tongue tie and lip ties and identify when and how to surgically remove them
- Discuss posture as it relates to OSA, TMD and OMD
- Treat a patient starting Monday morning utilizing hands on myofunctional therapy exercises
- Review of tongue anatomy and what you need to remember
- Tongue health: What can your tongue tell you about the state of your health?
- Identify warning signs from birth to puberty and learn how to direct the growth of children
- Discuss how OSA and TMD relate to OMD
- Discuss what screening tools to use the very next day back in your practice